Friday, December 28, 2012

Five after Four

Upon the encouragement of my good friend Natalie, I decided to run a 5 mile race a couple weekends ago.  5 miles just 4 months (and 5 days) after giving birth was a bit ambitious, but I did it!

At the starting line I was a little chilly, but not too nervous.  I was glad there were a couple hundred people running the race (fancy Natalie was in a different - half marathon - race), so I wouldn't come in last.

I didn't run after the first trimester, so getting back into the swing of things after having Orelia has taken some effort.  Lately I run twice a week, Saturday and Sunday.  We are planning to get a jogging stroller soon, when Orelia is 6 months old.  I was pretty darn proud of myself for even entering the race, and even prouder that I was able to run the entire thing.  I had forgotten how much fun it can be to pin a number.

We celebrated our race finishes with big bowls of ramen at Ramen Parlor.  That's definitely worth running for.

4 comments: