Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Orelia at Six Months

Our little girl is half a year old!  Unbelievable.  In fact, she's over half a year old, as I'm 9 days late in getting to this post.  I have lots to update on, including Hawaii, Chicago, and moving, but I thought I better post about O at 6 months before any more time goes by!

We had our delayed 6 month checkup today and O weighs 15 pounds 13.3 ounces (roughly 50th percentile) and is 26.75 inches long (roughly 75th percentile) and has a head circumference of 43.5 centimeters (roughly 75th percentile).  She's wearing sized 12-month pjs these days, but I can fit her into 6-9 month clothes during the day.

The doctor is thrilled by how she's doing and is probably even happier that I'm enjoying myself.  I feel like half the point of these checkups is to make sure I'm not getting ready to chuck the baby out a window or something.  Don't worry doc, I love this job!

O just started saying "B" yesterday - her first real consonant, since I'm not counting the H noises the makes all the time.  She loves to babble and sometimes scream when she's very happy.  It can be hard to tell the difference between happy noises and sad noises sometimes.

She loves to roll and roll and roll.  She rolls to get places these days.  We've never set up a long blanket so I haven't seen how far she can go (I always stop her after 5 rolls or so).  It's so nice that she can control that movement well now.  She can sit up pretty well, but has to be in the mood.

She loves her feet and toys.  O recently started playing with toys without putting them in her mouth - she flails them around or she will bat at them while holding them with her other hand.  She will lunge for things that are out of her reach, often when you least expect it.  In a similar vein, she reaches out for people to hold her.

Her cries have gotten a bit more forceful lately, though that might be the result of all the traveling and moving.  She's still sleeping through the night, but bedtimes have started to take a little more work than they used to.

She loves to laugh and smile.  She definitely "flirts" with strangers when she's in the mood, which charms the socks off everyone.

She and Harper have become even greater pals, and John and I frequently call on Harper to come entertain Orelia when she needs a pick-me-up.

Things are great in half-year land.  We are having lots of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hard to believe over 6 months have passed since Orelia was born!

    Very nice pics, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, she's cute! Glad that she's thriving and that you're enjoying your new job so much.

    ReplyDelete