Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Orelia at Three Months

Our little girl is three months old, which means she has graduated from "newborn" to "infant."

I think the title change is appropriate, because she certainly has really grown into a new, lively baby lately.

She started spending a lot of time on her side - on her play mat and in bed.

And much to her (and my) chagrin, she started rolling over.  It happened a few times during play, and has now started happening in her crib.  Angst abound.

Who, me?

She likes to be propped up in a seated position (other than when she doesn't want to be - ha) for when we chat and sing songs.  She especially loves the songs that have corresponding hand movements, which means I've taken to making up choreography for every song out there.

Her tongue has been spending about as much time outside of her mouth as in it these days.

Now that she can see everything around her, she loves taking it all in.  I am just now figuring out what the whole "distractible baby" phenomenon during nursing is.  Sigh.

She's always turning her head from side to side to see what she's missing while looking the other direction.  God forbid something good happen to her right while she's looking left.

She smiles at me and John all the time, as well as some lucky friends and strangers who greet her with a smile of their own.

Orelia now loves to "talk," in the sense that she will very loudly starting gurgling and expect appropriate attention be paid.

She loves it when we sing and dance for her, and sometimes she will join along in "singing."

Her laugh is more of a chortle these days, and it always makes me laugh too.  Frankly, she cracks me up quite a bit.

For instance, when she decides to show how ladylike she is by displaying her knickers.  (Who raised this child?)

Her sleeping is going pretty well.  She's still taking hour-ish naps during each 3 hour nursing period.  She wakes up around 3:00 AM most nights for a feeding, and then goes back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00 AM.  This means I'm feeling like a human again!

We're down to six feedings a day, and nursing is going really well.  The first six weeks were borderline awful, but now things go smoothly and it's working for us.

She's always either drooling or sucking her hands or fingers.  She can grab toys really well now and immediately tries to put them in her mouth.

She gets quite frustrated that her toys won't actually fit in her mouth, however, and doesn't hesitate to tell me how pissed she is about it.  I hear ya, girl.

We use the pacifier to assist her in dozing off for most nap times, and it works like a charm.

Looks like she is as surprised as I am that she's three months old already.  Time flies!

8 comments:

  1. She's adorable, Kathy, and I'm glad that everything is going well! Would you be able to use any 3-6 month clothes? Louisa has pretty much grown out of hers, and I have many cute outfits that have received very little wear... Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has the best complexion! Looks like a baby doll with her clear skin and rosy cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gives meaning to the expression "time flies." Our girl is really on her way. She's blessed with the best parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tongue thing?? Paternal gene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her so much! I can't WAIT to meet her. I absolutely adore seeing her pictures and reading about her adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. videos next week, though I don't know how you can post the 1080 dpi stuff.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete