Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely Thanksgiving, and I hope you all did too.  My parents are here, so we had three people to help and watch with the baby while I busied myself in the kitchen.

Orelia enjoyed all the attention, which is good because she wasn't allowed to enjoy any of the food (hence the bib eating).

I used an organic turkey made with Ina's recipe, and it turned out great.  I highly recommend the recipe, and it involves none of the annoying brining.  We also enjoyed cranberry relish, mashed potato casserole, stuffing, brussels sprouts, and pie.

Apple pie and pumpkin pie, naturally.  Now that I'm no longer pie-crust-phobic, I made the pie crust from scratch too.  It's about time.

Thanksgiving was especially fun with our little munchkin to spend it with.  She skipped her nap so she could enjoy dinner time with us, and she very much enjoyed the festivities.  We are so thankful to have such a cheerful baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment