Monday, March 4, 2013

Epic Dinner

John and I had one of the most delicious and memorable meals of our lives while we were in Maui.

My cousin owns a catering company (Maui Executive Catering) and he arranged for the chef, Jeff Scheer, to cook me and John a meal on the roof deck of my parent's condo building.

My dad was on hand to snap some photos of the meal (while my mom and aunt were at our hotel watching Orelia).  We had ceviche, grilled fennel salad, ono, and pork chops.  It was all incredible, though John and I agreed that the grilled fennel salad was our favorite course.  Their company uses fresh and local ingredients, and all the amazing flavors really shown through.

A huge thanks to Jason and Jeff for the incredible dinner.  It's not every day that you get to have a meal cooked for you on a roof in Maui.

We arranged to have the dinner at sunset, but the sunset wasn't our only beautiful view.  Before the sun went down, we got to see a rainbow (to make the Hawaii experience more authentic), and after the sun went down, we got the see a shooting star going across almost the whole sky.  The scenery perfectly matched the cuisine, and we couldn't have been happier.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! Great pic of you and John at the beginning of the post.

    ReplyDelete