Monday, February 1, 2016

Laundry Basket

 You hear moms of boys joke about their laundry piles.  Until recently, I didn't quite get it, as my little girl went through plenty of outfit changes a day (all voluntary and based on aesthetics).

 Now that Bennett can walk, and will find every bit of water and dirt within access, I know what those boy mamas were talking about.

Bennett needs outfit changes.  Orelia wants outfit changes.

His clothes are often not just wet, but soaking.

He's not just muddy, but he's covered.

 Lately I seem to only take photos of him playing in the muck of our backyard because otherwise indoors he is mostly just looking through truck books or drinking a half gallon of milk each day.

 He's in his element when he's outside.  He is his true self.

I don't mind his overflowing laundry, since it's the sign of a childhood worth living.  If you're looking for us, you can find us bulk buying the detergent and heading out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment