Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day with Orelia, and it was a great one.

I think it's hard to appreciate your own mother until you become one yourself.  You realize the unconditional and overflowing love that they have had for you all these years.

I've been loving my job as a mother these past nine months.  It's definitely the most rewarding and also the most difficult thing I've ever done.  It requires every bit of energy you have, but in the end you are happy to give all that effort in order to see your child flourish.

Orelia is such a sweet and fun baby; I know how lucky I am to have such an easygoing girl.

The smiles she gives me and the peals of laughter that erupt from her tiny body are the most wonderful thing I can imagine.


Being Orelia's mom wouldn't be nearly as much fun without John by my side.  He is such a loving and diligent dad who makes this journey all the sweeter.  Thanks to him and to Orelia for a wonderful first Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment