Friday, September 13, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Awoken early from her nap and plopped in the front yard, I snapped a few photos of our big one year old on her first day of preschool.

If she looks a little solemn, it's because she didn't know the fun that was awaiting her.

Orelia and I go once a week to Preschool Family in Palo Alto in a class of 12-18 month olds.  Each child has a parent (or two!) with them in our day class and the parents go to biweekly night classes with the preschool teacher to learn about child development and discuss parenting issues.

Orelia had a great first day and loved exploring the wooden puzzles, train set, and play kitchen.  She got right into the mix of things straight away, but was definitely happy that her friend (and mom) were there as familiar faces.  I'm excited to learn things in the parents class and to meet new friends for me and Orelia.  I'm optimistic this program will be a good fit for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment