Thursday, December 11, 2014

Painting with Bubbles

 When the clouds part for the first time in a week, you will find a way to encourage your toddler to play outside.

 "Do you want to play with chalk outside?" I ask.  No response.

 "Do you want to paint with water?"

 "Do you want to paint with bubbles?"

 Finally something that was met with more than a lackluster response.  I put some dish soap in the tupperware and we headed outside.

 I brought the chalk too, just for good measure.

 It actually rained on us twice in the thirty minutes we were outside.  I didn't mention it, and she didn't seem to notice.

At one point I snuck inside to take our Pillsbury bread dough shapes out of the oven.

 When we were done with our slightly damp but fun excursion, we had little rolls that slightly resembled stars and Christmas trees waiting for us inside as a snack.

The amount of butter slathered on for little O was bordering on obscene, but that's what childhood is for.

1 comment: