Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Tree Smiles: The Evolution of a Photoshoot

 A few days after I put the tree up, she showed some real interest in the ornaments, and I thought it was the perfect time to grab my camera.

 Sometimes she's just not in the mood for photos, so I told her she could have one of her advent chocolates if she posed for pictures in front of the tree.  This "smile" definitely makes me smile.  Ha.

 I realized I needed to break out some of our tried-and-true inside jokes to get a genuine smile out of her.

The hat was yanked off right before this sweet smile appeared.

 Not every shot needs to be a smiley one, of course.

 I highly suspect some tickles were involved before this shot.

 And somehow I ended up lying on the ground and she crawled on top of me, begging me to get up (okay, more like demanding).  Her blue eyes sure do have a sparkle to them, brighter than any Christmas tree.

By this point she had forgotten my advent chocolate promise, but I made good on it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment