Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Disney Princess

About a month ago it dawned on me how much Orelia would enjoy Disneyland, and I realized I didn't really want her to have to wait until Bennett was older for her to make her first visit.  

 I told John that if he wanted to, he had my blessing to fly down to Disney in December with Orelia and Grandma.

Within 24 hours, John had booked his flight and hotel and purchased park tickets.  

He only briefly hesitated to make sure I didn't want to come too.  

I would have loved to experience Disney with Orelia, but I had no desire to nurse a baby all over the park, much less lug him everywhere.  

John is a much more laid back parent than I am, and I knew his trip (and the anticipation of the trip) would not be ruined by worrying about how Orelia would nap for those three days, where she would sleep in the room, and generally how she would handle the un-fun aspects of the trip.  (For the record, she skipped two of her three naps, went to bed late both nights, and had to sleep in a king-sized bed with John.  She did great and John wasn't worried about it, so it was a success!)  I knew they could have even more fun without me and Bennett around.

 She loved Disney and had the time of her life.  She even got to meet three Disney princesses!  She's been talking about her trip a lot (mainly the monorail, the teacups, and the Dumbo ride), and I can't wait to experience all the fun with her one day.  John's already trying to convince me to go next Christmas.

1 comment: