Sunday, September 15, 2013

Uppies, Or Else

We are going through a phase - I sure hope it's a phase - where Orelia wants to be picked up by me.  A lot.  And I sure as hell better not deny her.

We've got quite a few "uppies" pictures lately.

And a few of the "or else" photos too.

She has started experiencing some seriously clingy-ness towards Mommy.  If I'm around (and especially if not much else is going on), she wants me to be holding her or at the very least on the floor right next to her.  It's become a bit difficult physically and emotionally (though obviously there is the sweet, loving aspect to it as well).  I'm glad my girl wants to be with me, but I also loved her being able to play independently.  If any seasoned parents have advice or words of wisdom on this, I would much appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, the clingy world is all I know! Your pre-clingy life was baffling to me. Words of wisdom: they grow out of it. When? I have no idea, but I'm sure A&O won't want us carrying them into college at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still pretty clingy to my mom. I see her everyday. I followed her to work hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All mine are super-clingy. I try to just enjoy the closeness most of the time, but I also set limits. Like, no one is allowed to sit in my lap while I am eating meals...it just wears me out too much and I get frustrated, so I just don't allow it. And I do a lot of hand-holding and lap-sitting instead of picking up, to save my back.

    ReplyDelete