Wednesday, October 16, 2013

City of Angels

The first weekend in October I hopped down to LA to visit my best friend Heather.  I spent the whole time trying not to melt in triple digit weather.  Yes, in October.

It was my first weekend (or even night) away from Orelia and these lovely ladies made sure I had a great time.  Waking up on my own without a baby alarm clock was a pleasure you cannot understand until you have a child.

 Heather's boyfriend, Bryan, was a good sport and joined me and Heather at one of those wine and canvas nights where women sit around drinking wine and copying a terrible painting.

 It was a ton of fun and we finished our terrible paintings with big smiles on our faces.

No trip to LA is complete without plenty of traffic and a celebrity sighting, and we had both (Terri Hatcher, this time)!  We enjoyed dinner at 10PM both nights and did an incredibly hot and un-baby-friendly hike on Saturday morning.  All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, and I was able to take advantage of the two days I had "off from work."  The snuggles when I got home sure were sweet, though.

2 comments:

  1. What did Teri Hatcher look like in real life? Super skinny, I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Teri Hatcher when I visited her! Was it at that place that serves gazpacho?

    ReplyDelete