Monday, October 6, 2014

In The Weeds

We are in it.  In the weeds.  In the trenches.  In it.

Bennett is three weeks old now, and we are living, eating and breathing his eating, sleeping, and pooping.

My mom and dad were here for the first two weeks after Bennett arrived, but they are back in Virginia now.

My dad cooked us hearty meals every night and my mom basically spent all of her waking hours taking care of Bennett.  Pretty much all of the sleep I got for the first two weeks was because of my mom.

 Thankfully John is taking paternity leave until the end of October, and he spends all day every day taking care of Orelia.  She is having the time of her life with him, and I'm so grateful to have her happily occupied.

I have a two year old, so I know how short a period of time this newborn phase is.  A few months of sleepless nights, painful nursings, and tearful car rides is just a blip in a child's life.  But when you are in the middle of it, it seems like you will never get sleep again.  We are in the weeds, but I know that one day I will cook again, watch a movie again, have a clean house again, and exercise again.  Until then, it's all about Baby B's eating, sleeping, and pooping.  And occasional midnight vomiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment