Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Parental Visit to Oahu

Last week we did it - we accomplished the impossible and enjoyed a weeklong vacation without our kids!

 My parents generously offered to take care of the kids while we went away, and we are so, so grateful to them.

 We spent the entire week eating wonderful food, exercising, and shopping - three things which are not easily done with the kids around.

 I took almost no photos on our vacation since we were usually just lounging by the pool or enjoying a long walk.  I realized that without the kids around, I didn't feel compelled to document the trip day-by-day.

 We missed the kids so much and were dying to see them by the time the week was up.  It was a strange feeling being without them, it was almost like half of me was left at home.

 Hawaii was gorgeous as always, and we were so happy to be back.  This was our first time in Honolulu and we loved all the amazing restaurants and shopping.

 I read three books (The Clasp, Pretty Girls, and Station Eleven) and countless magazines.  The last time I went on vacation with the kids I maybe finished one book and half a magazine.  :)

It was so nice being with the love of my life and focusing on him instead of naps and trips to the potty and whether anyone needs a snack.  Now that we are back home, it is so sweet to be reunited with our kids.  I can't say a week away made me look forward to diaper changes any more than usual, but I do especially appreciate every cuddle and smile from the kids even more this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment