Monday, November 2, 2015

A Home for Memories

What do people do that don't have a blog?

I mean, I know what they do, they watch their Netflix a little more closely than I do a couple times a week (okay, so I occasionally watch Hulu while blogging too).

But really, what do people do with all their photos if they don't post them on a blog?

Facebook works for some, though I don't really like that method for my photos.

I like Instagram a lot, but it doesn't reach a lot of people and I feel like I can't post all the photos I want.

Hence, the blog.

A part of me feels like blogging is dead.

Now that I'm not at a desk all day (or ever, as we don't even own a desk anymore), I don't read blogs like I used to.

Maybe no one even reads this blog except my mom (hi, Mom!), my dad (hi, Dad!), and John's mom (hi, Linda!).

Even without anyone looking at this little piece of the internet, I am glad it exists.

I don't keep a journal and I barely kept a baby book of Orelia's first year.

This blog is where I have a place for the memories.

Memories of Orelia making "sand angels" in the park.

Memories of her riding the "box slide."

Over and over again.

Memories of Bennett digging in the dirt.

And playing peek-a-boo.

Memories of his first step (October 10, 2015).

And his loud belly laughs.

We still sometimes call him Bennett Booey.  And he is very much Bennett Booey in this photo.  :)

I have always loved reading the family blogs of my friends.

And I love looking back at old posts to see what the kids used to look like and what they used to do.

Without this blog, I probably wouldn't take half as many photos with my "real" camera as I do, since I would have nothing to do with the photos once I took them.

I'm sure I would never edit photos or sort through and delete the losers if I didn't need to find the ones I wanted to post.

Photos don't really mean anything unless someone can see them.

And I'm sure Orelia will love looking back on her silly self one day.

The internet is full of a lot of useless stuff, but I'm just grateful it has room for my useless stuff too.

So thanks for reading, Mom (and Dad and Linda)!

It's fun so share little pieces of our life with those we love.

Her curly hair is even more vibrant in person, but a photo will have to do for now.

And his grin is even more infectious in real life.

Thanks for stopping by our little home of memories.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging so I have something to read at my boring office desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for this blog!! Please never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for this blog!! Please never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I obviously read it all the time!!! And love it!

    ReplyDelete