Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween 2015

Halloween is definitely a great time to have a kid.

Seeing Orelia light up when she slips on her fairy wings and waves her wand around is just magical.

 The day before Halloween there was a costume parade at her school and she proudly marched/fluttered around with her class.

 The wand got quite a workout, though I'm not sure what kinds of spells she was casting.

 She was eager to wave at me and all the other bystanders oo-ing and ah-ing around the procession.

 Before the parade, all the kids in the class got to stand up and talk about their costume.  Orelia was very eager to discuss every accessory.  "I have wings and a wand and a crown."  "Anything else you want to add?"  "I also have shoes."

 On Halloween night three fairies gathered with their pal Dorothy to trick-or-treat.  (Not pictured, Spider-Man)

 Per Orelia's request, John dressed up at Darth Vader, and his costume was a huge hit with everyone all night.

 I'm not a costume person, but I slipped on a witch hat when I got in the spirit.  Bennett was a dragon since that was the only thing I could come up with that went with fairy.  :)

Needless to say, Orelia had an absolute blast trick-or-treating.  The whole experience just blew her mind.

 Darth walked up to every house with the girls and I think they made a wonderful crew.

Bennett didn't enjoy Halloween much, to be honest, since I didn't let him eat any candy and he was essentially carted around in the dark.  He and I headed home early so he could go to sleep at a normal time.  His sister loved staying out late with Daddy and making the most of every Halloween moment.
We hope you all had a happy Halloween too!

No comments:

Post a Comment