Monday, October 12, 2015

Healthy Boy

 One of the hardest parts of parenthood is dealing with sick kids.

Not the tending to them part.  Or the comforting part.

 That is completely natural and exactly what your entire being wants to do.

Just having a child with the flu is hard emotionally on parents.  Holding your child while they are unable to be comforted and knowing there is nothing you can do is an awful feeling.

I am so very grateful for the health of my kids.  I know many people who are not as lucky, and my heart goes out to them.  I snapped these photos after Bennett turned the corner on a bug he was battling.  It was the sickest he has ever been (visiting urgent care sick, but not emergency room sick), and John and I spent many evenings doing our best to keep his tears at bay until bed time.  Seeing him smile again meant the world to us.  A huge weight was lifted from our hearts knowing our guy was back.

No comments:

Post a Comment