Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

If the photos are to be believed, all we did was stand in front of Japanese Maples and take photos for Thanksgiving.

Believe the photos - we did a lot of posing in front of fall foliage!

We spent a lovely holiday with John's mom and brother --- laughing at Bennett wrestling with Harper and Orelia making lots of poopy jokes.

As with many holidays, having daddy home for extra days is one of the best parts!

I didn't cook a turkey this year for the first time in a long time, and we enjoyed a casual meal from Whole Foods while Bennett squirmed on my lap.

Orelia helped me make kale chips for a lunch/snack, and everyone loved them (except Bennett).

She and I also made an apple crisp for dessert, which was delicious.  She mostly just liked the ice cream on top, though.

I was glad I didn't bother with the fuss of making every item on the menu, but I'm hoping next year I will have more energy to devote to cooking.

We had a wonderful holiday surrounded by our family, and that is what really matters.

That and the fact that her hair is still blue two weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment