Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Boy and His Dogs

After Bennett turned one, we started adding stuffed animals to his crib in the hopes that he might find a "lovey" to comfort him at bedtime.

We have a winner!

Technically, it's two winners.

Bennett was already so in love with his soft brown puppy that we gave him a second one for Christmas.

He pulls both dogs into him as close as he can for a hug right as I leave the room.

It's so sweet to see him besotted with these puppies and to see them bring him so much joy.

Occasionally the dogs venture out of bed for a little romp around the room, but I have learned my lesson and try not to let them go downstairs (lest they be missing come nap time).

Even though he somehow looks like a teenager these days, I know he's still my baby who cuddles his dogs every night when he goes to sleep.

This boisterous boy is so full of life these days.  Everything is done with gusto.

Including those bedtime cuddles.

1 comment: