Thursday, October 13, 2016

Orelia's First Day of School

Orelia has been in school for over a month, and I forgot to post her back-to-school photos.  Whoopsie.

I wish I could say that I hardly even remember taking these photos, but it was such a challenge that I remember the morning very well.

To say Orelia was uninterested in taking photos before school would be an understatement.

This pouty face accompanied by some snark were very much present on the morning before we went to the school open house.

Luckily I still had my camera in my purse, and after a successful first day, a much happier girl was able to be prodded into some genuine smiles at the front door.

I guess in retrospect the morning before the first day of school is filled with lots of emotions and anxiety, so it can't possibly lead to the simplest photo shoot.

Orelia goes to school four mornings per week now, and I attend school with her to work one morning per week.

She is always so excited when it's my work day at school, and other than a bit of complaining in the car or at the breakfast table, she's been fine with drop-off the other three mornings.

Her class has twice as many boys as girls, though I'm not sure Orelia has really noticed.  It makes it very easy to get to know all the girls in the class when the numbers are limited, and hopefully they will all become close friends (or maybe even invite some boys to play).

I absolutely adore Orelia's teacher, and love the way she leads the kids in such a fun and creative way.  I think Orelia loves her too, because she is always eager to show her teacher new outfits or proudly describe how she opened an English muffin all by herself one morning.

I can hardly believe this is Orelia's last year of preschool before she will be in kindergarten next year, but looking at these photos makes me realize how grown up she really seems now.

I am looking forward to seeing Orelia grow and thrive in her classroom this year.  Her school is a wonderful place to be a kid, and this happy, funny, silly, smart, and creative girl gets to be herself there.

No comments:

Post a Comment