Saturday, October 29, 2016

Silly Saturday Morning

 Bennett and I don't have a ton of alone time.

We have a nanny that takes him to his toddler classes in the mornings, and I take him to preschool one morning per week.

 Being in a room full of preschool classmates and parents isn't exactly "alone time," though, nor is it usually "alone time" when he and I are at a park or grocery store.  When Orelia is around she is often dictating what we all do together.

 Last Saturday Bennett was just so content playing in our sun room, I just sat on the floor next to him watching him be himself (while Orelia and Daddy were elsewhere).

It's amazing how without a distracting big sister around, Bennett can just stay in the same area for an hour playing with whatever toys are nearby.  Trucks being an essential element, of course.

 And without my attention pulled elsewhere I can let Bennett play on the stairs for a change.

 He can maneuver himself on stairs well enough normally, but when your hands are full of puppies and Paw Patrol, it can be a little more difficult.

I loved spending some quiet alone time with this sweet boy.

Technically we weren't "alone," I suppose, since Harper was also around to help with Bennett.  :)

Of course, having Daddy back was even more fun for Bennett.  Alone time is nice, but time with all of us together is the most fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment