Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A New Kind of Shopping

So I have officially ventured into the world of maternity wear.  And that world is small.  Way too small, if you ask me.  Very few stores make maternity clothes, and even fewer actually carry it in their stores.  (Why is there no J. Crew maternity??)  I went to Target and Baby Gap to scout out their maternity options, and left with enough clothes to get me through the week.  The only problem is - what am I going to do next week?

I'm not that big yet, and I certainly don't need to change everything I wear.  Let me tell you though, maternity pants feel about a thousand times better than the pants I've been squeezing myself into for the past couple weeks.  Even my regular yoga pants were getting a little snug in the what-happened-we-used-to-get-along-so-well-yoga-pants way.  So now that I'm wearing clothes that are comfortable, I am not exactly keen on alternating between the sausage look and the normal look.  It's time to get serious in my maternity clothes shopping.

I'll try to snap a picture of some of my maternity clothes sometime soon.  And if anyone had any suggestions for where to get maternity clothes appropriate for a business casual law firm, I'm all ears (with a bit of belly)!

2 comments:

  1. You could try Kohls. Also, most Macy's stores carry Pea in the Pod and Motherhood clothes. Oh, and I found out that some maternity consignment stores rent evening dresses, if you need a dress for a wedding or a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO annoying-- just because they have a BIG sign that says "Maternity" only makes those two little racks that much smaller. Check out SHADE tees on Amazon (amazingly comfortable and good looking) and PREGo bathing suits (again... Amazon)- you'll actually feel like your old self in them. I also bought from the sale link on pea in a pod ... and, of course... eBay (more failures than successes there). Oh, and AT-Loft XL shirts are good, too. Good Luck! (stalked you from ESS's blog)

    ReplyDelete