Monday, June 23, 2014

The Three of Us

I'm not usually in a lot of family photos, and I'm in even less these days as my belly gets bigger and bigger.   On my dad's last morning with us, I decided I needed some photos of me and my belly and Orelia.

Orelia's little brother is less than three months from his debut, and my lap is getting smaller and smaller.  Somehow we still find a way for her to fit.

Orelia has always loved being carried and is the queen of "uppies" with everyone she loves.  Lately, however, there aren't a lot of times when Mommy uppies are offered.  The other evening when we finally trekked back to the car from the boardwalk, I deemed I would finally pick her up for the final stint where we walked across the street.  She literally cheered "Mommy!  Up!" and waved her fists in the air.  Success at last, I suppose.

She will kiss her brother via my belly when requested, and is pretty good about being gentle with me when we remind her of the baby.  Things are already different for her, and he hasn't arrived yet.  It will be a big exciting adjustment for all of us, but I'm sure she will do great.

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures of the three of you. Miss you all (particularly Harper for Gigi). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cute pics! You know I'm always up for giving a free photo sesh (if you want one)!

    ReplyDelete