Friday, March 11, 2016

Art Aficionado

Ever since she was old enough to finger paint, Orelia has loved art.

 She produces so many projects at school, that there isn't enough room in my garbage bin for them, much less on our walls.

 I love that she loves art, especially because I have always loved it too.

 Before I started setting more practical/boring goals for myself, I wanted to be an artist and proudly told anyone who asked.

 Kids' lives didn't used to be quite as full of activities and classes when I was growing up, but I distinctly remember going to art classes in the summer and staying after school to make up extra art work.

Orelia has been taking toddler art classes for awhile, and is always eager to go.  It's actually an interest and passion of hers that I love fostering, so we make the most of it.

 She's finally old enough to follow the directions without constant reminders and doesn't purposefully make a mess.  Woohoo!

 After art class we sometimes play a rousing game of chase in the art center courtyard.  And if she's actually dressed in normal clothes, I might even take my camera to photograph the event.

There's a library right across the street, so we stock up on reading material and go out for lunch together.  While we wait for Minnie Mouse pancakes we read all her new books.  It's a wonderful way to spend a morning with my big girl and definitely one of the easiest days on the job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment