Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bennett at One Week

 Our little guy turned a week old today.

 We, thankfully, were let out of the hospital a day early (upon our request), so we have been getting the swing of things at home since Thursday.

 Things are definitely different the second time around.  It's not because we know what we are doing - because really, sometimes, we have no clue.

 I think this second time I am savoring things a bit more.  I'm taking more pictures.  I'm giving more kisses.  I'm appreciating him more as a snuggly little newborn.

 With Orelia I was more focused on survival and getting to a period where I could sleep more. For now (at least) I'm willing to trade the sleep for more newbornness.

Each day we realize what a treat it is to have a sweet baby fast asleep in your arms.  We loved it with Orelia too, but I think now I know that we only get to do this for a few more months and then it's over.

So happy first week, Bennett!  I hope you don't mind posing for several thousand more photos and getting plenty more cuddles in the coming weeks.

1 comment: