Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Waiting Game

It's September, which means we have reached the month our son will be born.

We are all so excited to meet him and can hardly believe the waiting game is almost over.  

My c-section is scheduled for September 15th at 7:30 am, so hopefully baby boy will stay put until then.  This will be his first test to determine if he's an obedient child or not.

I'm trying to take it easy these last couple of weeks since somehow even sitting in a chair can be an exhausting exercise.  Orelia has been a trooper and hasn't been pushing me beyond my limit.

The nursery is essentially set up, though we are waiting on a couple of framed items to arrive so we can decorate his walls.  I haven't packed my hospital bag yet, which is probably how it goes when you've been through this once before (I do have a pile of random items on a dresser that are meant to eventually be packed in said hospital bag.).  I'll leave the sanitizing of pacifiers and bottles to my mom when she arrives in two weekends.  Things are just less frantic this time around, as we know the most important thing is bringing home a healthy baby boy.

Until that baby makes his debut, we will be laying low enjoying the end of summer with our firstborn.  "Faster, faster!" she demands on the swing.  I'm sure these next 12 days will go by fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment