Monday, November 28, 2016

James and Sorry

 Oh, hi, blog.  It's been awhile.  I have had no creative energy lately for photo editing and blogging and almost no energy for anything it seems.  The kids take all my energy during the day and come nightfall I can barely scroll through Instagram in front of the TV.

I was, however, motivated to get back on my blog to note two very funny things going on with Bennett lately.  The first is that he is no longer Bennett, but is known as James.  

Orelia has been calling Bennett "James" for maybe two months now because Sophia the First has a brother named James (this may not serve as a true explanation for why she would do this, but Orelia loves a good nickname and also loves Sophia, so it has persisted).  Well after a couple of months, Bennett has taken a liking to this name and now says "wanna be James!" if you dare call him Bennett.  It's hilarious and very random.   At the museum the other day a man was like "Oh is your son named James, my son in James too."  No, sorry sir, that's just his nickname.

My second favorite thing going on with Bennett, err James, at the moment is his use of the word "sorry."  I'm not sure exactly what he thinks "sorry" means, but he has been saying it constantly,  mostly when he wrongs himself.  If he drops a truck he is playing with, I will hear him say "sorry!"  If he trips, I will hear him say "sorry!"  He doesn't quite get that he doesn't need to apologize to himself!  It will be nice to hear him say "sorry" when he clocks me in the face by accident next time or rubs chocolate on my pants.  In the meantime, I will chuckle to myself at his use of the word.

Orelia remains nickname-less and just as she ever was.

1 comment: