Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day Photos

 The day before Mother's Day, I was headed out to dinner with some friends, and I asked John to take a photo of me and the kids before he took them out to dinner.

I love these photos for many reasons, but especially because they so accurately reflect my kids right now.  Bennett is carrying a large trash truck AND trash can that he plans to take with him to dinner.   He's wearing jeans because it's a weekend and he wants to match Daddy. Orelia is wearing a bathing suit which she reluctantly covered with a maxi skirt (and at the last minute a sweater, which I insisted upon, because, moms).  She's wearing a bunny backpack filled with trinkets and probably a magnifying glass.  Her hair is in a day-old ponytail and contains a foam Hawaiian flower she got at school a week ago and has only taken out for baths.  Right after these photos we almost fell over when the tickling I was doing caused a bit too much laughter.

May 2017 in a nutshell.

1 comment: