Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Life at Home

My life at home with Orelia has been developing nicely.

Notably, it's developing into less time in the home and more time out in the great big world.

We've been to the library a couple of times (to get us both books), and plan to go to the Mother Goose story time this Friday or next.

Going to a very quiet place with an infant is a little nerve wracking, but it's worth it.

We have also managed to run errands well - Target, CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, and the grocery store have all been managed successfully.  Phew.

We met up with Natalie for lunch recently and plan to make it a weekly tradition.  Orelia loves her Aunt Natalie!

Inside the home we're doing well too.  I front-load my house work so I can get it done in case someone needs a lot of attention in the afternoon.  That means I'm usually making dinner by 10AM (cooking it later, of course).  Tonight I'll be baking the enchiladas I put together at 8:00AM.  It's a bit odd to do it that way but worth it to have home cooked meals every night.  With cloth diapering I'm doing at least a load of laundry every day.  By the time John gets home, Orelia and I are both ecstatic to see him.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for our weekly lunches! I <3 Orelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are adjusting well to life with a baby! And I'm very impressed with your cooking schedule.

    ReplyDelete