Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tea Party

A couple weekends ago my work friends threw me a mini baby shower at a local tea house.  

I had never actually been to a real tea shop and gotten tea service.  They really do serve those mini sandwiches with the crusts cut off!  The food was really great - especially the quiche and the raspberry tart.

We had a great time, and I really appreciated them taking me out to celebrate.

My last day of work is tomorrow, and I'm sad to say goodbye to the good friends I've made.  I'll obviously be able to chat with them and occasionally see them, but it won't be the same.  Nothing like a shared experience - especially an occasionally difficult one - to bring people together.

Martha brought her daughter to the shower (hence the ice cream sundae for dessert), and it was great to see a seven year old enjoy hanging out with her mom and sitting patiently for a couple hours.  Lots of times when I hang out with kiddos it's hard to imagine being surrounded by the craziness, but occasionally I spot a  rare moment of quiet from a good kid, and it makes it all seem a bit more doable.  I think I have a few years to wait until anyone sees my daughter and thinks she's a saint, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment