Friday, August 31, 2012

Smitten

It's the last day in August, and Orelia is three weeks old today.  It seems surreal to think that three weeks ago, I didn't have her in my life.

Before she was born it was hard to imagine what life would really be like with a baby around.  We were "ready," in that we had taken the classes, read the books, bought the furniture, and installed the car seat, but you can't really prepare yourself for the life change about to occur.

Once you hold your baby in your arms, though, you can't imagine going back to life without her.  So I got more sleep, watched more TV, and spent more time in the kitchen - who cares?  This is a whole lot better.

My dad was here for a week and is already back in Virginia.  While he was here he took these amazing photos of our expanded family, and I think these images truly capture how smitten John and I are with our girl.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are fantastic! Your dad is such a great photographer.

    There's nothing like holding your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete