Sunday, August 19, 2012

It Flew By

Our baby girl is now a week old - as of Friday.  It's amazing how fast that time flew by.   We are still just as smitten as we were on the first day we met her.

All of her funny faces keep us amused 24 hours a day.  Even in the middle of the night she can be charming.

My mom captured our first family walk on "film."  We've taken Orelia out about once a day for a walk around the small block near our house.  It counts as my "exercise" post-surgery.

So far my least favorite thing from the past week is having to wake Orelia up from a sound sleep if it's been 4 hours since her last feeding.  It happens maybe once a day, and every time I would much rather let her sleep - especially if it's 3AM.  At the next doctor's appointment I'm going to definitely inquire about whether we can relax that rule a bit.  In the meantime, we'll reluctantly follow the rules.

2 comments: