Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back at Home

Well, I hope I got my fill of photos of Orelia while she slept in her hospital bassinet, because we are now back home.

Due to the harried delivery and circumstances, we were rewarded with a single room that was even larger (we think) than the other single rooms.

It had a huge window that faced a garden, and was all in all not a bad place to learn how to take care of a newborn and nurse yourself back to health after major surgery.

Orelia obviously couldn't care less what kind of room she stays in, so long as there are warm arms to hold her.

Around day 3 of life she seemed to figure out that her fingers fit in her mouth.  For right now they usually only make it there when she's hungry.

It sure is scary to place your newborn in a car seat for the first time.  Being in the hospital she was insulated from the world and all its dangers.  I guess I need to get used to this type of thing.  I hope people stop making jokes about her dating, because I cannot handle that type of danger.

We survived the car ride home as well as our first afternoon.  Tonight is the first night at home, and hopefully that will go well too.  John is an extremely heavy sleeper, so I'm looking forward to being back in the same bed as him so I can elbow him instead of screaming his name to get him to wake up.

Looking forward to sharing more photos soon.

3 comments:

  1. You look great, Kathy! My parents and sister say "congratulations!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna also said that you and I still look like we're high school students. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad I can still see Harper in person often. I don't think I'll find her pictures on your blog anymore :(
    Hope your first few months with Orelia goes well!

    ReplyDelete