Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Orelia at One Month

I can scarcely believe that our girl is one month old already.  She is such a different little person than she was when she was born.

10 days vs. One month
She turned one month old yesterday, but my mom and I didn't get around to taking her to the hospital to weigh her until today.  She's up to 9 lb 11 oz. from her 7 lb 4 oz. birth weight.

Our rough measurements have her at 22.5 inches (up from 20.5 when she was born).  She is growing like she should, which is such a relief.

At one month, Orelia knows her mommy, daddy, and Noni well.  She looks at all of us and seems to know what to expect - Mommy is the feedbag and all business, Daddy is for fun, and Noni is the softie.

She has started smiling at us, and by us I really just mean her daddy.  When he gets home from work she is so excited to spend time in his arms.

She spends more and more time awake during the day, usually looking around and taking everything in.  She loves the mobile in her crib and has been enjoying her play gym quite a bit.  Shaking a rattle near her is sure to get her attention, though she surprisingly has hardly noticed Harper yet.

We aren't sleeping for any lengthy stretches at night, but she definitely has learned the difference between night and day.

Orelia loves to be held and carried, which is good, because we love doing it.  Now that she's approaching ten pounds, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to enjoy cuddling with my girl while standing up.  I'm grateful for every ounce she puts on, though, so I welcome the challenge.  I can't wait to see what next months brings!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, such a cutie. Are you guys gonna do the babywise method? My friend with a 14 month old uses it and her sweet baby has a GREAT sleeping schedule! Glad all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddies always get to be the fun ones. No fair!

    Happy one month, O!

    ReplyDelete