Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby Wardrobe

There isn't much question in anyone's mind that John is going to spoil our little girl.  I grew up the same way (spoiled by my dad), so I can't say I oppose the practice.  

I've already begun losing battles when we are out shopping about what John is allowed to buy her.  So far I have managed to restrain him to the items in this post, but I'm sure I will not be able to keep him to these items until the baby is born.  

Occasionally I can even steer him toward the sale rack - like for this after-Valentine's Day onesie.  This is one of the more practical items.

I didn't even know fancy girl dresses came with matching bloomers, but I am pretty thrilled they do.  What would be cuter?  (I'm sure these bloomers will never be covered in poop or pee!)

Janie and Jack is responsible for our more frivolous purchases.  It's pretty near impossible to go into that store  and walk out without buying an adorable outfit.  (Note:  These come with matching bloomers too.)

This outfit is obviously the practical one because it has pants instead of a dress.  HA!

While I know that these expensive clothes are entirely unpractical (and we won't need most of them for over a year), at least we are having some fun getting excited for the little one on the way.

3 comments:

  1. Don't fill the wardrobe yet! I need room for what I've bought, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All clothes are practical. I dress Arianna up in dresses all the time. And, yes, they all come with bloomers :) Can't let her walk around with a bare diaper!!!! Also, she's never pooped or peed on her bloomers, so don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who cares if they're practical? Little girl clothes are so much fun! And while the bloomers are cute, we're big fans of leggings under dresses in our house -- it makes them a little more versatile. Plus, most dresses only come with diaper covers up to the 2T size. Problematic when your 18-month-old is wearing a 3T! Have fun shopping. Oh, and you can find coupons for J&J and Gymboree in most parenting magazines.

    ReplyDelete