Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Things Getting Me Through Pregnancy

It seems impossible to really understand what pregnancy is like until you are in the midst of it.  Some things are better than I expected, and some things are worse.  And certainly, the way you feel one day may be the opposite of how you feel the next, so here is a list of five things currently getting me through pregnancy right now.

Prenatal yoga.  Videos, not classes.  There are a few prenatal yoga classes offered nearby, but I've been enjoying doing yoga in my pajamas before work with only Harper to see.  Sometimes I get pretty exhausted by some of the poses, so I can press pause feel free to sit down for a bit.  I had high hopes of jogging throughout my pregnancy, but that isn't going to happen.  I find myself getting pretty tired walking on the treadmill nowadays, so I congratulate myself every time I do any physical activity.

John's PJ pants - what a saving grace.  I started wearing these long before I had maternity clothes, and I'll probably keep wearing them to bed even though I now have maternity pants.  A drawstring waist is key, plus they are flannel and roomy.  He may never get them back even after I have the baby.

Tum tum tum tum tuuuuums.  My heartburn comes and goes - usually pretty closely tied to when I eat heavy, spicy foods (shocking, right?), and I've been popping plenty of tums to get me through.  I imagine I'm going to be using these a lot in the next few months.

My new favorite "healthy snack" to eat at work is organic yogurt with granola.  I'm not really a yogurt person, but if you add about half a cup of granola, it tastes great!  I'm trying very hard to get the right amount of calcium in my diet because my thin bones can't really handle the baby seeping any calcium out of them.  So if granola helps me get extra calcium, so be it.

I'm over halfway through Games of Thrones Book II - Clash of Kings.  I really love this series, and it's nice to take a break from all the pregnancy and baby ready and really get lost in another world.  (We've been watching a lot of Friday Night Lights too, so I told John the baby will be born with a love of high school football and medieval alternate universes.)

Hopefully I'll create another similar list in a month or so and fill you in on my new pregnancy-related loves.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Game of Thrones series!!! I too didn't go to prenatal yoga classes and opted to embarrass myself with yoga in the comfort of my own home. It worked out much better for me that way :) And I def pegged you for a runner all the way through pregnancy. Glad to know even runny runners need to take a break :)

    ReplyDelete