Sunday, March 11, 2012

John's 40th Birthday

John's birthday was on Saturday, and it wasn't just any birthday, it was the big 4-0.

I think John thought I was just going to treat it like any old birthday, but what kind of wife does he take me for?  I gathered all of our friends at his favorite restaurant to surprise him on Saturday, and this is how it went down:

Me thinks he was surprised.

I was so happy everyone could make it and celebrate with us.  Who doesn't love a good surprise party?

One of the funnier parts of the evening was when one of the chefs asked if they could bring a wild boar through the room we were eating in to put in the spare fridge.  We didn't mind a bit, and John felt the need to step in the fridge for a picture.

opah
two types of pasta
pork belly, leg, and loin
We had a special 5-course meal (with about 8 different items total) served family style.  Everyone left fat and happy.

They brought out John's chocolate budino with a tiny candle on the edge of his plate.  We sung him a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" made all the more joyous by a few bottles of wine (none had by me of course).

John's budino came and went in about 45 seconds flat.  Safe to say, he enjoyed it.

One of John's friends brought him a gift that maybe even topped the whole party --- John's favorite thing in the world:  Coke Zero!

Happy birthday to the most wonderful husband in the world.  I'm so glad I could help surprise you and make some memories of your 40th.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, John! And yay for Coke Zero! hahahah

    Also, where is the belly shot of you??? I thought for sure we'd see a full length shot of you!

    ReplyDelete