Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July

John and I had a great time celebrating Independence Day in Sausalito this year.  

We went to the local picnic where the Sausalito community groups sold food to raise money.  I had multiple ears of corn that were cooked on the grill and then slathered with butter.  Just supporting the community!

The Cal (aka U.C. Berkeley) alumni band got free burgers at the picnic, and somehow we ended up in line behind the entire band.  Whoops.

You can't help but feel patriotic on the 4th of July with all the beautiful flags around.

Most of the kids at the picnic found the sandy volleyball pit to be the best place to hang out.  Next year we'll have one of those red, white, and blue clad munchkins running around!

I loved this grandfather and his sparkly headband.

John obviously enjoyed chowing down on his picnic hamburger.  I enjoyed mine too, as well as the second hamburger I had for dinner that night.  Nothing more American than that, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't get over all those long pants and cardigans and jackets. On the 4th of JULY! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete