Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sausalito

I'm a little behind on posting, but I do have some more photos to share from our Sausalito vacation.  I love the above picture of John on the docks.

We got a great view of the boats since we had to park pretty far down on 4th of July.  I swear, parking on 4th of a July is a nightmare no matter where you go.

I've shared pictures of Cavallo Point previously, but the lodge is just too beautiful not to photograph (and post about).

John, Harper, and I spent a lot of time sitting in these chairs (well Harper didn't technically sit in the third chair) overlooking the San Francisco Bay and the city.  I finished the last Game of Thrones book (that is available) and read one and a half other books.  It was a great way to relax.

We stayed in the older rooms this time, which meant we were more centrally located and had a great view of the city.

Our strange hotel neighbors liked to sit on their porch in similar rocking chairs...in their robes.  One day we saw the husband get locked out of his room in only his robe.  He had to flag down housekeeping staff to let him back in.  People are crazy.

The Golden Gate Bridge is just over the mountain.  The renovated and rejuvenated Fort Baker really makes a picturesque place to vacation.

Based on some internet research, we (namely, I) found the most amazing restaurant that sits on a pier in Sausalito.

Simply called "Fish," it serves only sustainable seafood in all manners of preparation for you to enjoy outside on wooden benches.

How could I not order an Arnold Palmer when it came in such an adorable presentation?

The first time we went we got the crab roll (no we did not finish all those fries)...

And the fish and chips.  The second time we got clam pasta and fish tacos (and the best minestrone of my life).  It was definitely the best seafood I've had in ages, and I'm only aggravated we didn't know about this place during all our prior visits to Sausalito.  I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. I love that reading Game of Thrones is "relaxing" to you.

    ReplyDelete